Solved! How can I stop youtube.com page reload loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbengals

Prominent
Jan 18, 2019
Hi,
I've been experiencing a weird issue when I go to youtube.com from firefox. I type in youtube.com & FF sends me to what seems like the correct address: https://www.youtube.com. Then in 2-3 seconds later the URL gets something added at the end. It always looks similar to this: /post/Ugxw1V_F1zrIlrj3CP14AaABCQ. It seems Iike I got routed to an add. It's generally a topic or something I watched a video about in the past so it seems targeted to me. The worse part is it just keeps reloading the same page every 2-3 seconds. You can not get off that page by hitting the youtube options on the left like Home-Trending- Library- My Videos etc. The only way to stop it is manually entering a period at the end of the .com. Youtube.com. if you take out that period that odd extension gets added again & you are back in a loop. I figured I must have a Firefox cookie issue. I deleted the cache, cookies & history yesterday. I still have the problem. I opened FF in safe mode & it fixed the problem. But when I went back to normal FF the problem came back. If I go to youtube on Chrome it works perfectly. I just did a Malwarebytes scan & nothing came up as wrong. Do I have some type of Firefox bug or system error? If so does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

kingbengals

Prominent
Jan 18, 2019
Interestingly I went into the extensions page as you recommended. I disable the HD Youtube extension/add-on & presto the problem seems to be gone now. Its the only extension/add-on I disabled & it now seems to be working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS