How can I tell if a laptop's dead battery is being charged?

Sep 4, 2018
Recently my laptop's battery has died, I would like to know if there's a way I can tell whether it is charging or not . Before it begins to charge its adapter usually needs some time adjusting before I position it just right in the socket, when it had power I could just tell when I saw the small LED light up but now when its battery has died I have no way of knowing if the position if the adapter is right and its really charging.

Solution

Sounds like the issue is not just with the battery, or even with the battery at all, but with the charger or the charging port on the laptop if you have to fiddle with it to charge. if it's really charging, it will charge and you can use it. If it's not charging then you need to check on the...

Grobe

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
If a battery is "dead", it's not supposed to receive more charge. Many chargers have protection mechanism so that bad batteries doesn't cause further damage.

Sounds like the issue is not just with the battery, or even with the battery at all, but with the charger or the charging port on the laptop if you have to fiddle with it to charge. if it's really charging, it will charge and you can use it. If it's not charging then you need to check on the jack/charger/battery to see where the issue is.

Solution