How can I treat my 32bit skype to act like 64 one?!

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
How can I treat my 32bit skype to act like 64 one?! I mean , is that even possible? I really , really need that. Thanks in advance!

Solution

Using Skype is neither mandatory, nor a...

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
Well I want it becouse of 1 of the older version of skype got patches and it only works for 32bit windowses :| I tested it with my friend and it works just fine for him ... 32 bit one.. while for me it's the same error as the non-patches version.. so i really dont want to switch back to 32 bit becouse of that and i was wondering how can i manipulate the program maybe? :S

Ijack

Distinguished
That's as clear as mud. Most people manage to use Skype just fine on 64-bit systems; if there's a problem with it - on your system - then I can't see that a 64-bit version would solve that problem.

If your problem is with an older version of Skype then use the latest version, not an old one.

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
<mod edit>, dont u think I wouldve done that if i wanted the latest version? The latest version is complete garbage, thats why I want to use the old one and it only works on 32 bit windows, simple as that. It's not too hard to understand right? I only want to find a way to manipulate version to work on my 64 bit windows, simple as that! :)

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums>

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
As you were told in another thread on this same topic, if an older client is no longer supported then you have no option but to upgrade to a supported client. Skype is under no obligation to forever support obsolete clients.

This is also a public warning to watch your language when posting in these forums.

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
So whats the purpose of this forum when u guys dont even talk about the subject im asking for? :| Can u tell me? And @ex_bubblehead 3.8 is supported ( patched ) but it's only for 32 bit windowses so i was hoping any of u could help me out how to manipulate it for 64 bit. O well.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

And there's your answer. That client will not run in 64-bit, period.

You have 2 choices:
1) Upgrade to a client that is supported in 64-bit
2) Switch to a 32-bit version of Windows

Using Skype is neither mandatory, nor a human right. It is free (for most), so no one stuck a gun at your head asking you to use it.

There are plenty of other chat clients. And if you want to modify it - write one for yourself. Every TCP/IP programming course has this ;)

Solution

randomizer

Distinguished
This looks like an X-Y problem. You probably don't want make Skype act like a 64-bit application. What you really want is to resolve:

Having been a long time user of Skype 4.2 until recently and knowing about the recent deprecation of old versions, and taking into consideration your later posts, I'm going to make an educated guess that your problem is the version check that is preventing you from logging in (and probably giving a misleading error if it's anything like 4.2). Of course I'm still guessing, since you haven't given us the error.

No, 3.8 is not supported. Only Skype 6.14 and later are supported. There's a difference between working software and supported software. Windows XP works but is not supported (unless you have commercial arrangements).

Do you have links to this "patch"? Without knowing exactly what hacks you're trying to apply it's impossible to know if it's even physically possible to do what you want. Note that depending on the source and nature of this patch the link may be promptly removed. It may be better to just PM me the link.