Question how changes as root affects unrooted profile

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Greetings,

I wanted to know if rooting a cell phone, force stopping services, blocking all outgoing data flow for several apps has any affects on the profile which is used when the smartphone in unrooted?

Thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If the apps/services are stopped or removed, it should make no difference if rooted or unrooted. Is that what you are asking?

If not removed, your phone will still try to update installed apps over time, using more data.

Why are you so concerned about data flow? What are you trying to accomplish?

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I like my privacy, I try to limit the amount of personal data I'm exposing, thats why for example I don't use gmail and have no intention to use google apps on the smartphone.
I use it mainly for communication purposes.

for example, I have Duo installed. I don't want it but cannot uninstall it.
I want to force to never work and block all outgoing data from it

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I like my privacy, I try to limit the amount of personal data I'm exposing, thats why for example I don't use gmail and have no intention to use google apps on the smartphone.
I use it mainly for communication purposes.

for example, I have Duo installed. I don't want it but cannot uninstall it.
I want to force to never work and block all outgoing data from it
Then don't get a smart phone. Get an old style flip phone with minimal "app" support. Just an option to consider.

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Then don't get a smart phone. Get an old style flip phone with minimal "app" support. Just an option to consider.
unfortunatly, it became impossible due to carrier limitation where I live.
I'm trying to make the best of the situation.
so if I understand, beside uninstalling software, I can do the rest both as root and as non root?

daggs

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I bought it directly from the vendor, the carrier enforces volte which requires 4G
I've used adb to remove pkgs I don't want/need
I've rooted it thinking I must to that to remove pkgs but seems like I don't need it to I relocked it