Solved! Unrooted SMS/MMS attached photos transfer app?

Dec 16, 2018
Hi,

I just finally upgraded from my very first smartphone (now 5 years old!) to a newer one (both Samsung), and used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer _most_ everything (both phones are unrooted).

I see on the new phone that although the SMS/MMS text message "text" was transferred, all of the photos that were attached/embedded in the transferred SMSs were not (I see a "broken photo icon" when I look in the message/thread on the new phone (I see 57 such "broken photo icons" when I look more closely on the new phone, so I assume that's how many attached photos were in the messages that were transferred)).

Without rooting either phone, is there any tool/way (free or costing $$) to get the photos that are in the old phone's SMS/MMS messages to copy out/over to the new phone (and yes, I'd of course want the photos back in their proper SMS/MMS messages/threads on the new phone)? Or does this have to be done "manually" for each photo in a message on the old phone?

All of my Google searches on this subject point me to apps that don't "admit" that they don't (can't?) copy the embedded photos...

Thanks!

Solution
To be honest, saving them in the messages, and saving the messages on the phone, is not wise. It is to easy for a phone to die, be damaged, wiped, lost, stolen, etc. Better to save anything important to a cloud account, google account or personal computer.

I know of no way to get them to move over to the new device and be in the actual messages.

Anyone else?
To be honest, saving them in the messages, and saving the messages on the phone, is not wise. It is to easy for a phone to die, be damaged, wiped, lost, stolen, etc. Better to save anything important to a cloud account, google account or personal computer.

I know of no way to get them to move over to the new device and be in the actual messages.

Anyone else?

Solution