How connect headphones to sound card??

danhakhavro

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Hallo!

I have hyperx cloud 2 headphones and Asus Xonar DX/XD 7.1 Sound Card PCIe.

I can use my headphones in usb but i think the some quality is not the same if i connect them to my Asus Xonar sound card.

My problem is, i have just 1 input in my headphones but in sound card i need too input 3 how that is possible? I need to buy some adapter?

Some fotos os my problem:

0d209cea65724232b72bc4294f6e0d27.jpg

b1eb55f1ab9e4b1999471fa0a3ed4323.jpg

Thank you for any help.

Solution
As others have said the hyper x cloud is not a true surround headset, it has two drivers one for each ear. A surround headset would have several drivers in each ear, in my opinion true surround headset's are awful for everything other than distinguishing where footsteps and such are coming from. The box is advertising virtual surround which in my opinion is also awful, it ruins the sound quality for slightly better positional audio.

Garilia

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Configure your audio output for stereo sound only.
Go to control panel -->Hardware and Sound --> Sound --> Select playback device -->configure -->stereo.
It might be a bit different depending on the audio device/ driver you have but you should be able to configure the device for stereo output only.

That will hold you over until you can find one of these:
http://www.milestek.com/p-13247-35mm-stereo-female-to-2-rca-male-6-y-cable.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76FG6_QbMBzUF8EQe3I__jg_9BxSUSTeriTiXSG_y5bAaAg-c8P8HAQ

danhakhavro

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Thanks for you Answer Garilia.

I can connect my headphones to channel n1 and its work, the problem is i have no surround sound efect.
Thanks for the link, this is what i searching, but 1 question, whit this cable surround sound will working? Or i need to buy another cable?

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

You can't get surround sound from stereo headphones, That's what you have-stereo headphones..

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
The sound card will be playing through the PC to the USB port then to the headphones. Plugging in directly won't give you better sound, but if you can find an adapter give it a try

dkfarina

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Your headphone has a virtual surround, that is, it's emulated by the chip in the usb adapter and it bypasses your sound card.
Try searching for the Dolby Headphone on the Xonar software.

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
If you want your "simulated" surround card you have to use the usb card that came with the headset.

It's made to match your headset optimally.

You won't get better sound with the soundcard in the PC.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
As others have said the hyper x cloud is not a true surround headset, it has two drivers one for each ear. A surround headset would have several drivers in each ear, in my opinion true surround headset's are awful for everything other than distinguishing where footsteps and such are coming from. The box is advertising virtual surround which in my opinion is also awful, it ruins the sound quality for slightly better positional audio.

Solution