How Did Obama Watch the Osama Raid Live?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfulcher15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
my questions is why did we burry him based on his religion? there's been thousands killed that did not get that treatment, but the most wanted person in the world does??? and really where are the pictures. I really dont think this can be too grousome for the public... i mean what are we goign to see some guts? blood?

and i dont really buy the excuse of " were not showing it becuase it'll infuriate the terrorist groups."

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Hopefully, we'll get to see, at least within the next 30 years. (Most likely not)

Not to be humorous, but I'd like to see the full raid complete with a COD style rader in the lower right or left corner, displaying red dots as the people in the compound and green dots as the Navy Seal Ops.

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
The stakes are really high during this raid. The intensity in Obama's face says it all.

Also, look at Hilary Clinton. You can tell she's never seen anything like this.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]craighay[/nom](apologies for the broken lines in the paste job) Anyway, for those hollering "conspirator!" I simply sigh and wish you would reflect on things a little more deeply. But I was young, dumb and full of cum once myself. =D[/citation]

I hope that you are right and that you end up being sodomized in an eastern European CIA black site.

G

1. If this was a conspiracy, it would be the worst timing ever. Its the middle of '11 almost. There arent any political elections for what.. over a year or more? That would be the stupidest time to play your hand. So, no, this is not a lie to you 'theorists' out there.

2. Osama was buried at sea so quickly because according to Islamic customs, a body is supposed to be disposed of/buried within 24 hours. If you want to go see that he is dead, go get some scuba gear and find his body.

3. Regarding the positioning.. who cares. Its a random press photograph. Its the inner circle watching something on a projection screen. I doubt they give a damn where they sit as long as they can see it.

As for the actual article. Very cool. At least I know my president has some live factual feed to base his actions off of and make real-time decisions.

I like this Craig hay guy and we need users like him to question topics ...

Don't believe everything you read or are told by the media ... information is always filtered to suit the writer.

Case in point (an Australian example just to add a bit of spice) : up until recently a massacre of a large group of aboriginal people in the town of Pinjarra in Western Australia was called "The battle of Pinjarra" by the white historians ... for the past century ... listed as a heroic battle where whites won the day against these "fierce" opponents.

Only recently has history been rewritten to state what really happened ... the whites massacred a heap of indigenous people, including men, women and children ... just to put them in their place ... led by Governor Stirling ... a guy held in high regard in this state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pinjarra

Remember history is always written by the victors and in this example, the true account of what happened was only acknow;edge some hundred years later ... and the history books changed.

I realise it is not a great example and I do not advocate Craig's views, but I do not blindly believe what the media or government tell me.

Did Governor Stirling or his associates go on trial for murdering 80 people ... no ... he went on to lead a life of luxury.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]I like this Craig hay guy and we need users like him to question topics ...Don't believe everything you read or are told by the media ... information is always filtered to suit the writer.Case in point (an Australian example just to add a bit of spice) : up until recently a massacre of a large group of aboriginal people in the town of Pinjarra in Western Australia was called "The battle of Pinjarra" by the white historians ... for the past century ... listed as a heroic battle where whites won the day against these "fierce" opponents.Only recently has history been rewritten to state what really happened ... the whites massacred a heap of indigenous people, including men, women and children ... just to put them in their place ... led by Governor Stirling ... a guy held in high regard in this state.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_PinjarraRemember history is always written by the victors and in this example, the true account of what happened was only acknow;edge some hundred years later ... and the history books changed.I realise it is not a great example and I do not advocate Craig's views, but I do not blindly believe what the media or government tell me.Did Governor Stirling or his associates go on trial for murdering 80 people ... no ... he went on to lead a life of luxury.[/citation]

I expect my government to lie... And that they wont be very good at it either.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I wanna SEE the videos! I can think of no reason to withhold them. There were plenty of survivors from the compound who knew bin laden was there who will be interviewed eventually. The conspiracy folks will just look silly on this one.

The biggest headache for any gangster organization is replacing the leader because there are no enforcible governing rules. Muslims are famously awful at replacting national leaders. Replacing bin laden might be impossible. There will probably be a power struggle and it will probably get nasty.

The al qaeda members can't even demand a full investigation of the way their leader was protected. How could there have only been 4 security guards ready to defend? Where was the escape tunnel? It's slightly odd that not a single prisoner was taken, otherwise, brilliant, possibly the most important special forces operation in military history.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]craighay[/nom]@txsouthpaw"Wow man, you're really off the deep end... Alex Jones? WTF? How the hell did you ever find your way to Tom's?" - txsouthpaw I think the more intriguing question, is how diid YOU find your way here "Leftist". Wow man, like, that's whack. No wonder you are so hating:txsouthpaw's profile * Gender : * Birthday : * Occupation : * Location : * Forum related info * Status : Newcomer * Points : 128 * Join date : 01/10/2011 * Latest message posted : 05/04/2011 at 04:29 AM * Total posts : 7 * More info * Hobbies : Leftist[/citation]

Linking to Alex Jones automaticaly puts you in the batshit crazy category. Its over.

BTW Im still waiting for my FEMA concentration camp my wise and beautiful friend!

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Its rather amazing that so many people will attack an individual for having an opinion that does not coincide with their own. An opinion that goes against what they "believe". Oh wait...

The Bible is the truth, everything in that book happened. Jesus was our savior. Anyone who does not believe will spend eternity in hell. ( Even though the book was written decades after the last events, there are many other religions that tell something VERY close to the same story... thousands of years before the Bible was written ).

The sun revolves around the Earth ( umm.... )

The truth is, people are easily manipulated. They are fed lies from sources they believe to be valid because they are told by many other people that there is no reason not to trust them.

Its good to question things! Following the flock to slaughter wont save you at the end of the day. Believe what you will, but take most of it with a grain of salt and don't cast your supposedly "all knowing" vote against someone else because you have a nation behind you. Nations have been wrong before and they looked pretty idiotic when the truth was laid at their feet later.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]excidium[/nom]The truth is, people are easily manipulated. They are fed lies from sources they believe to be valid because they are told by many other people that there is no reason not to trust them. Its good to question things!.[/citation]

The truth is that most here should be college graduates able to cross reference information coming from greatly diverging sources. I take my news from BBC, CNN, CBC, RCA, RussiaToday (soviet propaganda), Al Jazeera, da intarwebz, satellite radio and other sources. I would have noticed if we were at war with eastasia last week. Thank you for your concern. You are free to go back to being yelled the ''truth'' on the Alex Jones channel.

If the goverment is able to have half of the world population on its payroll to promote some random conspiracy, props to them. But in reality your conspiracies are all based on a common fallacy, its that the government is able to keep a secret for more than a week...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just one more bad guy to not worry about. More to deal with. End of story. I will celebrate when all of my fellow brothers and sisters come home, but not until then.

BTW, what the heck would be the point of any conspiracy regarding this action? Zip. Zero. Nada. This makes no sense on any level.

Questioning what one is told is a good thing. However, thinking about one's position is also required. In the day and age of the Internet, information sources, are like opinions and rear ends. Everybody has one and they all stink. Try a little common sense, it can be quite refreshing.

HOOAH!!!

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]d-block[/nom]Could be because he is not a trained specops commander. He may be commander in chief, but I find it refreshing that there is a high ranking military official at the head.[/citation]

It is called "teamwork." Obama pulled the team together, and he made the ultimate call to produce the results we are now seeing on the media. His seating position is not odd at all--he is next to the general who is the only one in the room on a computer and is probably dealing with those on the other end in real time. Who is this general most likely conferring with? The guy on his right--Obama. I mean really, with an operation of this type who would you expect to be in the room? His cooks?

There are also some generals standing behind him who are not in uniform. Regardless of who sits where, he is the Commander in Chief and for all of those in the room he is the top dog. For the common citizen to make remarks about the seating arrangement is absurd, and is just another petty example of how conspiracy theories get started/work/thrive.

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom] But in reality your conspiracies are all based on a common fallacy, its that the government is able to keep a secret for more than a week...[/citation]

Because I question "things", this makes me a conspirator?
Can you also point out where I said that the US Government was making this up?

I was merely stating that you shouldn't believe everything that you hear, even if your source is supposedly truth worthy. We are human, ergo we are capable of error.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]excidium[/nom]Its rather amazing that so many people will attack an individual for having an opinion that does not coincide with their own. An opinion that goes against what they "believe". ... Nations have been wrong before and they looked pretty idiotic when the truth was laid at their feet later.[/citation]

Your implication is that killing OBL was wrong. Now that is insane. He called for war against the US in the 90's and has killed thousands of innocent civilians across the globe.

Your post is a non-sequitur...why are you even associating this act with religious followers. It is not like the American public did it. Hell, we did not even know what was going on until after the fact. But, I will say that the SOB got what he deserved. Look at how his selfish acts have changed the landscape of America. Those who were cheering on the streets were college age kids, kids who have lived in a society based on fear due to the actions of one man...OBL. We will never regain our innocence, but now the world has less reason to fear walking into a crowded bus station.

Now if the US and it's allies could just snuff the rest of these religious zealots who kill innocents around the world in the name of their "God."

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Your implication is that killing OBL was wrong. Now that is insane. He called for war against the US in the 90's and has killed thousands of innocent civilians across the globe. Your post is a non-sequitur...why are you even associating this act with religious followers. It is not like the American public did it. Hell, we did not even know what was going on until after the fact. But, I will say that the SOB got what he deserved. Look at how his selfish acts have changed the landscape of America. Those who were cheering on the streets were college age kids, kids who have lived in a society based on fear due to the actions of one man...OBL. We will never regain our innocence, but now the world has less reason to fear walking into a crowded bus station.Now if the US and it's allies could just snuff the rest of these religious zealots who kill innocents around the world in the name of their "God."[/citation]

Yoder, you misinterpreted my post. My post was in regards to readers comments directed at craighay. It had nothing to do with OBL.

paulyd

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Being a patriot is trusting in the government and your country. You just have to hope they are doing the right thing.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i think Obama and company did a heck of a really good job. It was a gutsy call, not knowing for certain if OBL would be inside the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.