How do I connect an equalizer to my pioneer vsx-d1s reciever

Notuneshere

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
How do I connect a fisher 875 graphic eq,to my pioneer VSX-D1S RECIEVER and aa fisher cr-w854 cassette deck and a pioneer pd-m6 CD PLAYER, ,A ND A FISHER MT -854 TURNTABLE,,I HAVE A TOTAL OF TEN SPEAKERS TO HOOK UP ALSO,, please help

Solution
You can download the owner manual here
http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/vsx-d1s.shtml
The receiver has connections for 8 speakers (2 pair of front, 2 center channels & 2 rears) plus self powered subwoofer. To use 2 more you would need a speaker selector with impedance matching to protect the receiver. You would connect to the front speaker A terminals and not use the speaker B terminals at all.
All connections are made with RCA stereo audio cables.
1. The turntable connects to the RCA phono inputs. If your TT has a ground wire try connecting it to the ground terminal nearby. If there is less hum when connected leave it. If not don't leave it connected.
2. The CD player connects to the CD input.
3. The tape deck...
You can download the owner manual here
http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/vsx-d1s.shtml
The receiver has connections for 8 speakers (2 pair of front, 2 center channels & 2 rears) plus self powered subwoofer. To use 2 more you would need a speaker selector with impedance matching to protect the receiver. You would connect to the front speaker A terminals and not use the speaker B terminals at all.
All connections are made with RCA stereo audio cables.
1. The turntable connects to the RCA phono inputs. If your TT has a ground wire try connecting it to the ground terminal nearby. If there is less hum when connected leave it. If not don't leave it connected.
2. The CD player connects to the CD input.
3. The tape deck connects to tape deck 1. The output of the tape goes to the play jack. The record out of the receiver connects to the record in on the deck (if you don't want to record you can leave this connection out).
4. SInce your equalizer is 2 channel or stereo you cannot use it to EQ all the speakers. Each is speaker is a different channel and would need a different setting.
You can connect it for the front left right speakers by removing the jumper bars that connect the front L/R preouts with the amp inputs. You would connect the preout to the eq in and the eq out to the amp input.
Your receiver would allow you to use one channel of the eq on the center channel if you wanted to make that speaker sound more like the L and R fronts or to make the dialogue sound better to you.
The proper way to use an eq is not to boost but to cut as much as possible. If you want more mids don't turn the mids up turn the other sliders down. Be aware that you are not getting the sound as if the tops of the sliders were connected. You are getting hills that go up and down in between the sliders. Use with discretion because you can damage your speakers with too much boost. Boosting requires more power from the receiver too.
Surround receivers no longer have the connections that you old one has so If you replace it you won't be able to use the eq except on one or two analog sources that would connect to the eq before the receiver.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS