how do i connect an hd video converter to a vcr/dvd combo to a samsung smart tv?

Yvonne56

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
My MIL purchased a Samsung Smart TV this June and has a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo. We purchased a HD Video converter to connect to the TV but are having issues with getting the picture. Can someone tell us technologically non skilled peoplehow to connect for her? She is 82 and has lots of VHS tapes she would like to watch.

WE appreciate your help!

Solution
I wonder if this is as simple as using the TV remote's Input button to change the default HDMI setting to tell the TV there's another device. Usually, the HDMI ports are numbered so match the number you plugged the device into with the number on the Input menu.
I wonder if this is as simple as using the TV remote's Input button to change the default HDMI setting to tell the TV there's another device. Usually, the HDMI ports are numbered so match the number you plugged the device into with the number on the Input menu.

Solution
Unless your TV only has HDMI inputs the "HD converter" would not be needed. The VCR has AV outputs (3 RCA jacks - yellow for video, red/white for audio). The TV may share the composite (yellow) RCA with the component (3 RCA jacks) video input so you may have to select composite video in the TV menu to get a color picture,