COMPOSITE VIDEO/AUDIO IN 1
AUDIO LINE OUT 1
VGA (PC IN: D-SUB15) 1
HDMI 3
DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT 1
USB (2.0) 2
LAN-ETHERNET (IEEE 802.3) RJ45 1

Solution
Best option is to connect the optical audio output to the HTS. Check the TV manual on how to configure and turn on that output.
Your TV also has audio line output 1. Connect that to the analog stereo input on the HTS. Check the TV manual.
Select a surround mode that is made for a stereo input on the HTS..

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
What kind of Sony home theatre system? You should at least have a digital audio input on the Sony receiver or soundbar whichever one it is. This setup will require a digital audio cable, connect cable from audio out on the TV to audio in on the receiver or soundbar. Also go into the settings of the TV and disable sound, choose the option that you are using external source for audio control.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Without the specific model number of the sound system I really can't be very specific with my help. Look for a digital audio input on your sound system, it will be a small rectangular port. Look for the same on the rear of the tv, connect the two together with a digital audio cable

Best option is to connect the optical audio output to the HTS. Check the TV manual on how to configure and turn on that output.
Your TV also has audio line output 1. Connect that to the analog stereo input on the HTS. Check the TV manual.
Select a surround mode that is made for a stereo input on the HTS..

Solution
Jul 15, 2018