Question How do I (or is to possible to) connect my smart tv to my old audio only stereo receiver?

Jul 3, 2022
I know this subject has been exhausted but I haven’t found a solution that fits my particular situation and would be grateful for some help. I have a Samsung smart tv (model LN40670M1F) that I want to connect to my old (circa late 1990’s) Yamaha stereo receiver (model RX-777). I’m pretty sure I need an adapter but there are so many options, my knowledge of electronics is very basic and the terminology is confusing. If anyone has the knowledge and patience to help me out I would be grateful. Thanks

hang-the-9

Titan
Reactions: Lost-in-Place
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 1
H Audio 1
M Audio 2
naethrn Audio 2
Wopsie44 Audio 1
R Audio 5
P Audio 2
D Audio 1
G Audio 1
U Audio 1
T Audio 3
N Audio 3
T Audio 7
D Audio 1
T Audio 7
V Audio 1
K Audio 1
D Audio 1
A Audio 4
L Audio 2
Similar threads
Question problems connecting Bose Lifestyle 18 to samsung smart TV via optical cable
Solved! How to connect Logitech z607 to Samsung Smart TV?
Solved! How to connect old yamaha receiver to new smart tv
Solved! Connecting AVR to Smart TV
Question Having trouble connecting my Kanto Yu4's with my Toshiba smart TV
Question Problems connecting Onkyo 646 to New LG Smart TV
Solved! Connecting headphones via wire to Samsung Smart Curved TV
Solved! how to connect sony ta sa300wr to my smart TV
Solved! My tv (Lg 70” smart) has only one audio out. Can I connect analog headphones to this, then through a DAC and still get soun
Crown smart tv doesnt have a 3.5 audio outup ,what should i do to connect to a jbl charge3 speaker via 3.5 cable?
What type of audio wire do I get to connect new Samsung smart tv brand new paid $330 for it @Best Buy (not sure of model) but
Solved! Audio stops working when smart tv is connected
problem connecting samsung smart tv with 5.1 active speakers using 5.1CH HDMI Audio Extractor Decode AC3/DST to 5.1 Amplifier
ConneCT kamron audio to my LG smart tv
Digital to analog audio conversion: how will I connect the devices?
multiple "smart" video & audio device connection questions
Sony smart FHD tv connect to microlab 5.1 speaker by optical audio out
My TV has a Digital Audio Out connection and need to convert to 3.5mm for speakers
Can I use RCA AV cables to connect my home theater system to my new LG LED smart tv or do I have to use Optical audio output?
Audio doesn't work when I connect my computer to my Smasung Smart TV

ASK THE COMMUNITY