Solved! How do I delete apps that don't have the option to remove them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2020
I have a coolpad legacy. The phone is unlocked and I have several apps from the carrier Metro PCS. I tried to uninstall them but in settings these apps provide only the option to disable them. Also another app called "DUO" ( I am told it is a google app).

Solution
As to the app "Duo" it is a Google app. It is actually called "Google Duo" (although the app my only say "Duo" on your device. It is a video chat mobile app developed by Google.

As to the ones that don't have an uninstall. Without rooting the device, which I so would not recommend as you risk bricking the phone, there is no real way to remove them.

That said, disabling them works great. While it won't remove them, which means it wont free up space that they take up, it will make them not effect how you use the device. Personally I wish carriers and manufacturers would stop making unnecessary apps not removable, but they likely get money in doing so.

Disabling them is your best option.
As to the app "Duo" it is a Google app. It is actually called "Google Duo" (although the app my only say "Duo" on your device. It is a video chat mobile app developed by Google.

As to the ones that don't have an uninstall. Without rooting the device, which I so would not recommend as you risk bricking the phone, there is no real way to remove them.

That said, disabling them works great. While it won't remove them, which means it wont free up space that they take up, it will make them not effect how you use the device. Personally I wish carriers and manufacturers would stop making unnecessary apps not removable, but they likely get money in doing so.

Disabling them is your best option.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.