How do i determine Best Folding Processor

RowdyRob

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
The topic says it all... What do i look for to see how fast i will be able to fold? Do i look at Drhystons and Whetstone?

EntityAnomly

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I'm sorry nobody from the community hasn't responded to your question yet. I will try to give you a little bit of an answer here.

From what I've heard the WUs are designed around Intel processors so generally Intels perform a little better than the AMD processors. Not to say that a high end AMD won't still beat a P4, but with midstream processors the intels work a little better.

If you run the F@H client and run the -verbosity 9 command switch you will be able to see your benchmark result for your processor in your FAH log. You can check with others to see how your PC compairs to thiers.

morpheous_2812

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
I'm sorry nobody from the community hasn't responded to your question yet. I will try to give you a little bit of an answer here.

From what I've heard the WUs are designed around Intel processors so generally Intels perform a little better than the AMD processors. Not to say that a high end AMD won't still beat a P4, but with midstream processors the intels work a little better.

If you run the F@H client and run the -verbosity 9 command switch you will be able to see your benchmark result for your processor in your FAH log. You can check with others to see how your PC compairs to thiers.

I am using the Folding @Home Windows Client Version 5.03, Built November 9, 2004. I tried clicking through the available boxes, however, I am unable to run the -verbosity 9 command switch. Do I need to download anything else to run the command, or am I missing any steps?

Btw, my client is the Windows 2000/XP Graphical client.