How do I disable screen overlay on my Samsung Galaxy S7?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaliyah_3

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Please help me, my phone wont allow me to use any apps . It brings me to a list of apps and wont allow me to use anything because it keeps telling me about screen overlay

Solution
How to Disable Screen Overlay

Here are a few things you can try to turn it off.

Option 1

1. Go to "Setting", then "Developer Option"
2. Now go to "Simulate Secondory Display" and tap "off" or "None".

Option 2

1. Go to "Setting", then "More".
2. Tap "About Device".
3. Go to "Build Number" and tap it "7 times".
4. This should turn off "developer options".
5. The overlays should disappear.

Option 3

If you have the app "Clean Master" on your phone.

1. Open "Clean Master" and then tap "Settings".
2. Now tap "disable iSwipe" under iSwipe, then in "iSwipe Settings" change it to "off".

Or Uninstall the App.

Option 4

If you are using "Keepsafe", turn it off and/or uninstall it.

No matter which option you try/use, be sure you...

kafa

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Tried the 4 options but they didn't work then I uninstall it and it worked, thanx!

Bonnie74

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

I have an S7 Edge. I have tried everything and i still cant turn off the screen overlay. Is there something that im doing wrong..

Samantha5172

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Samantha5172

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Same here but I did something I read online sure enough once I erased flashlight app and clean sweep app my phone was back to normal.Before I tried everything if you look at your apps 1 by 1 uninstall them you will see right away which app was creating problem.

Richard K_1

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Spoonzoo

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
The app that was causing this VERY FRUSTRATING issue with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, was 360 Security. Now, I had used that app for YEARS on this phone and never had this problem until a few days ago, after an update. It's been driving me F&%#ING crazy!

I would couldn't save pictures or so anything on FB, I couldn't access my email... I would get into these constant loops about the Screen Overlay & then Permissions, and I would turn everything off, and try to change permissions, and they were still static. FINALLY it clicked that since the 360 Security app is also a phone cleaner that maybe it is was causing the same issue as the one referred to in the response you got.

By God, I uninstalled it, and everything was back to normal!

So. Now I need to find a few app for security & cleaning I suppose. I also need to re-add all the other damn apps I dumped, trying to fix the problem! LOL! I was determined not to do a hard reset!

Mercy Rose

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Hi, I read your questions after facing the same problem with my samsung J1 mini galaxy I saw a utube video that helped me. Just go to play store application and download an app called "install button unlock" it shows a gray coloured button icon with a lock image inside. Click and install that app. Then open it and follow the instruction that it gives by "allowing" it and clicking "ok". The next time you open a new app it will ask your permission, when you allow it. It enables automatically and will no longer redirect you to setting! Try to install this app it works!

Mercy Rose

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Try this install an app called "install unlock button" it shows a gray button icon with a lock symbol inside. Download this from play store and open this. Click allow when it prompts for permission, switch it to "on" button. Simply allow what it asks you.
When it is on. Go try out the applications you are having difficulty using from screen overlays. It should ask for permission as first time but this time when you click allow. It will no longer redirect you anymore to setting-apps... You are now good to go. It worked for me so hopefully it works for you too.

Mercy Rose

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
It's crazy shouldn't samsung make it better next time as it annoys the users. Find something around its stupid overlay-developer issues and make it more user friendly products!

Jan_71

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

THANK YOU OPTION 3 WORKED FOR ME TO ,,,ITS BEEN DRIVING ME DAFT TA :)

ishakmajid06

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
To solve the problem just go to setting - app and at the app, tap a gear icon than tap draw over app. A list of app icon will appear and just disable one by one icon to identify which app cause the problem. Best luck

el.imankhah

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017

I have same problem with my Samsung A7- even i cant use my telegram send options........ and telegram is an app that cant be ignored.... What to do?!?! none of these ways worked out on my cellphone? :(

screenoverlayhelp

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
What you could do is turn off screen overlay of all apps on your Samsung and you won't face screen overlay detected popups again on your Samsung device
follow below settings:
1. Open Settings
2. Open Application Manager
3. Click on More on top right corner
4. Tap on Apps that can appear on top
5. Now turn off screen overlay of all apps on your samsung

That's It and now you won't face screen overlay error on your samsung device

Status
Not open for further replies.