How do I do a hard restart if the tablet won’t power off without a password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I can't see how an Android device can have that behaviour but if it does, and if it has a removeable battery, taking that out should shut it down quickly enough.

When you replace the battery and the back panel, press the Volume Up button and hold it down while you press the Power button.

When you see the menu, use the volume up and down buttons to scroll down the menu and the power button to make a selection. First off, select Wipe Caché. That might clear the problem but if it doesn't go through the procedure again and this time, choose Factory Reset.

You will lose all your personal files - music, photos, etc but you will have a working device. If those data are important to you, conenct the device to a PC using a...
If it's your device, why do you not know the password? I've never heard of a password blocking powering down. Anyone who wants to get around that would simply remove the battery.

Restart by holding down the Volume Up button then pressing the Power button. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down the menu and the power button to select the choice. The next stage is to scroll down seven times to confirm the intention to reset.

I can't see how an Android device can have that behaviour but if it does, and if it has a removeable battery, taking that out should shut it down quickly enough.

When you replace the battery and the back panel, press the Volume Up button and hold it down while you press the Power button.

When you see the menu, use the volume up and down buttons to scroll down the menu and the power button to make a selection. First off, select Wipe Caché. That might clear the problem but if it doesn't go through the procedure again and this time, choose Factory Reset.

You will lose all your personal files - music, photos, etc but you will have a working device. If those data are important to you, conenct the device to a PC using a USB/Micros USB cable and transfer the files to a safe place.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.