Solved! how do I hook up 2004 philips dvd recorder with rca jacks to samsung smart tv with hdmi

Nov 23, 2018
my old dvd recorder has multiple rca jacks, but no hdmi. My samsung smart tv has a hdmi jack, but no available rca jacks. When I got a cable to connect the two (rca plugs on one end and hdmi on the other), the tv doesn't recognize anything plugged in

You can't use a passive cable to convert analog video and audio to digital video and audio.
You need an active video+audio to HDMI converter. If the DVD recorder has component video (3 RCA jacks for video+2 for audio) then get a converter that accepts that as the video input. You will get a better picture this way.
This is for playback only since TVs don't have video outputs. To record you will need to connect directly to an external source.

You can't use a passive cable to convert analog video and audio to digital video and audio.
You need an active video+audio to HDMI converter. If the DVD recorder has component video (3 RCA jacks for video+2 for audio) then get a converter that accepts that as the video input. You will get a better picture this way.
This is for playback only since TVs don't have video outputs. To record you will need to connect directly to an external source.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 5
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2