How do I hook up my Panasonic surround sound to my samsung smart tv?

JCastle92

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
i have a panasonic dvd home theater sound system sa-ht733 i bought it around 2005, i want to hook it up to my new Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model).
how can i do it as i am a newbie for these things.

Solution
The only way you could output sound from your tv, is by using the 'analogue' audio output from the tv (if the tv has one! red & white RCA output plugs) into the back of the Panasonic A/V unit. However, you will not get surround sound from that. It will only be in stereo ( 2 channel) The visual side would have to be component out from the back of the a/v unit to the tv - (again, if the TV has such connections! red, blue & green RCA connections)
I have to say though, this system will do your TV no justice what so ever! The dvd's you watch may sound ok, but the video feed comming from the player is not HD, and will not look very good on the tv - if you manage to get it hooked up!
My suggestion would be to invest in an A/V system that will...
The only way you could output sound from your tv, is by using the 'analogue' audio output from the tv (if the tv has one! red & white RCA output plugs) into the back of the Panasonic A/V unit. However, you will not get surround sound from that. It will only be in stereo ( 2 channel) The visual side would have to be component out from the back of the a/v unit to the tv - (again, if the TV has such connections! red, blue & green RCA connections)
I have to say though, this system will do your TV no justice what so ever! The dvd's you watch may sound ok, but the video feed comming from the player is not HD, and will not look very good on the tv - if you manage to get it hooked up!
My suggestion would be to invest in an A/V system that will do your TV justice. But this is purely my own personal opinion.

Good luck with what you decide to do!
all the best,
Kenton.

Solution