how do i insert disk into my new inspiron 15 3531

CeliaN

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
There is no button to open disk drive on my new dell inspirion 15 3531. Help? I want to watch a movie.

Solution
If it's the one that i'm thinking of, it does not include a disk drive.

81jb67r5CzL._SL1500_.jpg

Go to computer properties, find device manager and look for the disk drive category. if you have one disk drive listed under the category, then you have no disk drive. you'll have to purchase a USB external drive

Like this one - Newegg Rosewill Drive

AMDFaith

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
If it's the one that i'm thinking of, it does not include a disk drive.

81jb67r5CzL._SL1500_.jpg

Go to computer properties, find device manager and look for the disk drive category. if you have one disk drive listed under the category, then you have no disk drive. you'll have to purchase a USB external drive

Like this one - Newegg Rosewill Drive

Solution

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
what the hell is that big optical drive slot there for if not an optical drive.

i just looked at pics and noticed the inexpensive price but shite why not a drive.

btw could you not add a drive to that slot.

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Darn Dell not putting connectors in the slot in case you wanted to put in a disk drive!! If there were connectors they probably could have sold more laptop disk drives!! Dell engineers man, not thinking in the long terms of things.

McHenryB

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

You can buy a USB optical drive for less than the price of an internal drive. There would be little point in increasing the cost of the laptop by putting in connectors that very few people would use.

TRENDING THREADS