How do I install Windows 7 on an HP Stream 13 touchscreen laptop?

ayy lmao

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Now, I know this came with Windows 8, but I would like to downgrade to Windows 7. Every time I go to install it (from a USB with a legit ISO) I get a message saying:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

I've tried multiple things, from reformatting the disk in gParted, to installing Ubuntu to see if I can run it through Wine to get past that. Nothing has worked so far. How do I bypass this? There is no CD drive in this laptop, so I can't do anything there.

ayy lmao

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

The laptop won't even read the drive until it's booted into Ubuntu, which is what I'm using until I can get this fixed.

ayy lmao

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

Yes, it still doesn't boot from it. I've even tried making a live USB and booting from there, but it freezes at the boot and I get a 0x0000007b BSoD.

ayy lmao

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

Yep, it boots up just fine on my main computer. I even let it install on my backup hard drive just to see if it was the copy I had, but it works perfect. I'm about to just give up and install Linux Mint, that's the most similar to Windows