How do i know if my lg treasure is lollipop or marshmallow? I can't move apps to my newly installed ultra plus sd card. Help!

Apr 10, 2018
I can't seem to find the answer to transferring apps to my lg treasure. Even the apps that I've installed...Snapchat,Pandora,photos,etc. The notification says "can't be moved to sd card. I have an ultra plus sd card

Solution
Photos don't just transfer like apps do.

If you want to just move files (photos, videos, music, etc.), not apps, to the SD card you can use the file manager app that is on the device, or if there isn't one you can download and install one to access and move the files. Sadly, they usually only let you move one or two at a time.

To move them all at once, or in large amounts, you can connect the phone to a computer via USB cord, then move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. Once there, and still connected via USB, you can then move or copy the files over to the SD card. Personally I would suggest leaving a copy on the computer as a back up.

Once that is done you should then go into the apps that you access the files...
Apr 10, 2018
So then I have no other options to free up storage other than to delete apps? Are all lollipop versions of phones this way? Basically the sd card does me no good.What a bummer.

You have to have "Marshmallow" or newer to try converting the card to "Internal" storage. Which doesn't work on some devices even with the right version of Android, as the manufacturer then has removed the option. The SD card is meant for "External" storage. Apps require "Internal" storage. You can still move photos, movies, videos, files, etc. over to the card. That would free up space.

Apr 10, 2018
I can't even transfer my photos. It's in a light gray box,meaning its not available to transfer. I was able to move Snapchat now,but it didn't seem to free up any space. Maybe time for a new phone?

Photos don't just transfer like apps do.

If you want to just move files (photos, videos, music, etc.), not apps, to the SD card you can use the file manager app that is on the device, or if there isn't one you can download and install one to access and move the files. Sadly, they usually only let you move one or two at a time.

To move them all at once, or in large amounts, you can connect the phone to a computer via USB cord, then move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. Once there, and still connected via USB, you can then move or copy the files over to the SD card. Personally I would suggest leaving a copy on the computer as a back up.

Once that is done you should then go into the apps that you access the files through (like gallery, etc.) and change the apps individual settings to look for the files on the SD card. You may also want to change the settings in apps that you use to create new files (like the camera) to save new ones to the card rather than the phone.

Solution