How do I move apps from device to SD card and set default for new apps to SD card on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Please?

Thedroid

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
Solving storage issues on a Samsung Galaxy Ace.

SD card almost empty, device gives continual no storage room warnings.

How do I move apps from device to SD card and set default for new apps to SD card on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Please?

rob_14

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I'm trying to figure that out myself saw a how to on another article in Tom's Guide but it don't work for me because in the MYFILES app I have it I am not seeing a "Settings" to change anything to the External SD Card unless I'm missing something. There's supposed to be a paid app to do it but I'm trying to find a way to do it without a paid app. If anyone knows please help? The name of the App is Rom Toolbox Pro available on the Google Play store. There is a Lite Version of this but I can't seem to find where you set the default location for pictures to the SD card.

Emma123456789

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!

Ok, go to PLAY STORE and download an app called APP MGR III
Once you've installed it, the app will tell you which of the apps installed on your phone can be moved to SD card. You select the apps you want moved, and that's about it! Also, once they actually start going to SD, you'll have to double-confirm each one's transfer. I guess that's reasonable.

IT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE, I'M SO HAPPY! I got sick an tired of Storage full with actually having 20 GM memory on my phone. Btw, I'm using Samsung J5

Hope I was helpful!

datacreed

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
AppMgr III IS great, but what does one do when an app (such as the Game - Asphalt 8) has already been moved to the SD card and the game itself is requesting it requires an update, however, defaults to checking the phone's memory, which is too full, and therefore cannot perform the update. "Oh what a tangled web" smh. 2016-08-06 PMV

Ballroomcat

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

Ballroomcat

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Rob, to default to your photos to your SD card do this: Put your SD card into the phone. You MUST Format the SD card or it will not work properly. When you Format it pay attention to the screen as it is going to ask you if you want to default pictures and videos to the SD card. I did this with my brother's phone and it works great. When you look to the top left of your phone you will see a little SD card symbol beside your mail and message symbols. If you don't see it then your phone does not see your card. If you already have the card in Unmount it (to be safe) and put it back in and format it. Of course it will erase whatever is on the card so if you have anything on it you want to keep transfer it to something else first. With my brother's phone when I take a picture I can see the tiny SD card symbol. All his videos and pictures now default right to his SD card.