how do I move my apps back onto my phone from my SD card [phone is a Sony Xperia Compact

Rowan_

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
I had no problem moving my apps onto my SD card - now I want to move them back because some of my app-widgets won't work when mounted on an SD card... but I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

ghostanime

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
I had apps such as snapchat, firefox, adobe acrobat, line, word, powerpoint on my micro sd card. But then i had to use the sd card for something, so I moved everything in my micro sd card to my laptop computer. After I was done using my micro sd card, I cut & paste everything that I removed from my phone and placed on my computer, back into my phone's micro sd card. After restarting my phone, none of my apps were enabled. The apps show up as a blue android folder with a little black square on the bottom right corner with "SD". I was able to transfer everything from micro sd card to PC, but how do I enable those apps from PC back into my samsung note 2 micro sd ?

thanks

ghostanime

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

all you did is quote a message. You did not really reply... what do you really mean ?

OlwynF

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

This doesn't work if the SD card came from another phone. I want to know how to do this as well but no one seems to know how to do it.

Shut__

Prominent
May 2, 2017

It's annoying, but you have to go to settings >apps, and then click on the app, click on storage, click on change, and change it back.
You have to do this with each app.
I found it helps to dismount the SD card, look at your app widgets, make a note of which ones have an SD card next to it, remount the SD card, and then transfer, so you don't have to click on every one or play guessing games

david_761

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

The only way I can find is to reinstall the app.

Wendianne

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Code:
when I transfered my apps to the SD card from internal none of the widgets would work...by opening one of my apps from my Google play store account page it opened... and all my widgets looked normal and worked again so I didn't need to transfer them all back to internal storage ;)

nairrajisadan

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017

TRENDING THREADS