how do i past the factory reset loop on my ASUS X540

chevygirl617

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
My pc needed to be reset to full factory reset due to many problems. I did it like i normally would any other of my pc's but now its stuck in the installation loop. How do I get that to stop and redo the factory reset.

Solution
Try this... Turn off the laptop. Then make sure there is no way at all for it to connect to the internet. If connected via Ethernet, unplug it. If there is WiFi, either turn off the WiFi or go somewhere where the device will have no way of connecting to that or any other WiFi. Then turn it back on.

If should load, if the problem was an update/installation issue. Which happens a lot with Windows 10. When one of the updates (updates come with reinstallations of systems as well) doesn't work, the system keeps trying and trying and trying. You have to cut off its ability to try accessing the update (accessing the internet) until the computer is fully loaded. Then it should be fine to be connected to the internet after.
Try this... Turn off the laptop. Then make sure there is no way at all for it to connect to the internet. If connected via Ethernet, unplug it. If there is WiFi, either turn off the WiFi or go somewhere where the device will have no way of connecting to that or any other WiFi. Then turn it back on.

If should load, if the problem was an update/installation issue. Which happens a lot with Windows 10. When one of the updates (updates come with reinstallations of systems as well) doesn't work, the system keeps trying and trying and trying. You have to cut off its ability to try accessing the update (accessing the internet) until the computer is fully loaded. Then it should be fine to be connected to the internet after.

Solution