Solved! how do i recover my data please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2019
sd card formatted as internal storage after that the phone says sd card missing, when the phone is rebooted, the sd card is fine, but everything that was installed on it is deleted, yet the space is still consumed and with es file explorer i still cannot recover or see my files

Solution
Alas, once a card isn't read by a device, after being made "Internal" storage, then the stuff on the card is gone. I mean it is likely still on the card, but there would be no access to it. When done correctly, a SD card is encoded when made "Internal" storage, so any other device (including that device if major changes are made) are unable to read the cards info.
Alas, once a card isn't read by a device, after being made "Internal" storage, then the stuff on the card is gone. I mean it is likely still on the card, but there would be no access to it. When done correctly, a SD card is encoded when made "Internal" storage, so any other device (including that device if major changes are made) are unable to read the cards info.

Solution
Aug 10, 2019
Yes I believe the data data is still there I just can't access it, I need help with how to access it

As I said before, if the card was made "Internal" storage that means the data was encoded. If there is any problem with the card, the device reading the card, etc., then there is no way to get the data. This is the drawback of making a card "Internal" storage. If there are any problems at all then the data becomes inaccessible.

Aug 10, 2019
For recovering data you have to follow this things...;
  1. Select a location to start finding Data. Launch Ease Us data recovery wizard, please select a location where you lost data from and start to scan
  2. scan your computer or device. The initial scan will be very quick
Preview and recover lost files.
I have tried scanning numerous times I only recover thimnails

As I said already, that won't do a thing. Data recovery software can't access the data on the SD card nor the missing info on the phone. The reason being even if the software could recover the data that was on the phone (which is what is the cause of lack of access to an encoded SD card) when it was restored, the card still wouldn't recognize it. This is why the use of data recovery software is totally useless when it comes to a phone losing access to a converted to "Internal Storage" SD card.

None of what you are suggesting can help them. The data is encoded, and the data recovery stuff can't change that. Once a SD card is turned from "External" to "Internal" storage, only one device can read the data (the one the change was done on) and only with the card and phone its state at that time. If the phone is reset (in any way), the data wiped on the phone, the card data wiped, or the card damaged (as in this case) the data can no longer be accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.