How do i remove DNS unlocker???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinTH2203

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
I recently got this crap on my computer. It fills my browser (google chrome) with ads and so on. I have googled it a lot of times, but none of the solutions worked for me. I tried to uninstall the program but i didnt even find it anywhere in my computer. I installed an extension called AdBlock. That removed most of the ads, but whenever i click something it redirects me to another add page. This is REALLY annoying and i have no idea how to fix it. Now it just got into my spotify too, so whenever i try to play a song it changes song automaticly, redirects me to a random add page on chrome and then i cant click anything on spotify. I have tried to reinstall both chrome and spotify with no luck.

I hope someone can help me with this. Its soooo annoying. Feel free to come with suggestions!
(sorry for bad English. I am from Norway)

woodson75

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Try uninstalling it via Control Panel > Programmes and Features

Failing that, run a scan with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner to see if they find and remove it.

Jeff Mongillo

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
Start off downloading rkill (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/) and then copy it onto flash drive or, if you can, re-writable CD or DVD. restart your computer into SAFE mode and run rkill off the disc or USB thumb drive. This will work on MOST computers running any version of Windows. When it shuts down all the background files (including the malware) use Malwarebytes and your favorite anti-virus. Also make sure to have downloaded the latest rootkit killer put out by Microsoft each month. In the end, get CCleaner and ADwCleaner. Keep those on your system at all times. Run them at least once a month (along with Malwarebytes) and you'll be good. Instead of using AdBlock on Chrome, use uBlock Origin. Then get yourself a password manager and start changing ALL of your passwords. It will take time, but you will be much happier in the end.

This is an easy fix for darn near ANY virus/malware and/or ransomware out there.

hhhstef

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I agree with you, @MartinTH2203. It's really annoying. I have tried removing it from chrome several times but I failed. Good thing, I have an extra desktop to use. But I recently found this guide: https://appuals.com/dns-unlocker-removal-guide/ and will give it a shot. I'll drop a message here again for the update. But feel free to try it yourself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.