How Do I Rename My Roku Streaming Device

url]

Since a user can have more than one Roku device with them, identification of the devices became a bit tough. To combat this issue, Roku provided the users the ability to rename their Roku device. This renaming can be done from the mobile application also. You can select the place where a Roku device will be placed and provide a name for it.

You can name your Roku device to easily identify it in your Roku account or the Roku mobile app. This will be helpful especially when you have more than one device. If you desire to rename your device after the setup process, you will be able to rename the device name from your Roku account or the Roku mobile app. Here’s how you can rename your Roku streaming device.

From Your Roku account
Step 1
Go to my.roku.com from your computer or the smartphone.
url]

Step 2
If prompted, sign in to your Roku account with your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. Try the forget password option if you had forgotten your password.
url]

Step 3
Select the ‘My Linked Devices’ options by scrolling down through the page.
url]

This will show all your linked devices, their current name, serial number and other details
If you have not named your Roku device, you can find it only through the serial number. You can find the serial number of your Roku device by choosing About option from settings.

Step 4
Select the ‘Rename’ link to rename your Roku device.
url]

Here you can rename your Roku device by selecting the room where the device is located and enter the name of your choice.
url]

You can now rename the Roku streaming device of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.