How do I stop apps from constantly running in the background? I can literally watch my battery die within a matter of a few ho

Todd_15

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Since the last Android update about two months ago, it seems like all of my apps just run constantly in the background. My phone could hold a charge for a good 36 hours, now it barely lasts half a day. I have a program called Battery Doctor that I run every hour to shut the apps down, but they just come right back

Solution
I completely agree with you on that. I would suggest seeing if there is a way to remove updates to each of the apps you don't want. Often the updates cause them to be used more. And some you can disable if can't remove.
The first option is to remove any apps you don't use. At least the ones that you can remove. Usually it is the ones you have personally installed. In regard to other apps, you can often remove any updates that are added, if you don't wan them and they are causing drains on the battery. There is also the option to turn the apps off (disable them) rather than remove them. Again, you would no longer be able to use them though.

Some apps, no matter what you do, can be pretty darn persistent. I have this issue with a weather one on my phone, that I never use, never have used, and constantly am turning the darn thing off. The phone won't allow uninstalling or disabling it. Some apps they put on the phone before it is sold are persistent (and annoying) little things. Those I don't have a way to remove/stop... yet!

Todd_15

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Todd_15

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Thank you for the reply. I have removed a few apps I never use, but It really is the non-removable apps that cause the issue/ I wish there was a way to remove those.