Solved! How do I take my data from my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-71J2 (ssd) (no boot device)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2020
Hello and thank you for allowing me to waste your precious time reading this thread,

For the details I will give you, I will try to be simple and not add unnecessary information but please read everything before sending a hasty answer.

• Rst premium with optane is the default Sata parameter
  • I don't have a dual boot
  • I have changed the Sata parameter in the bios to AHCI
  • When I turn on the computer, it displays "no bootable device".
  • I reset the default bios settings but it's still the same.
  • Partition orders are empty in the bios
  • I have checked several websites and changed several settings but the UEFI mode of this Acer pc cannot be changed through the bios settings.
  • With Gparted (mbr and fat32) on a usb key, the ssd partitions are not findable
  • the same for a live linux cd
  • If I change the Sata parameters to AHCI, the partitions are found but are unallocated.
  • Just in case, I have another pc with a double usb cable.
  • I only want to have my files
Here are the pictures of the default bios settings ("total memory" comes from my usb key) https://catdrop.drycat.fr/r/o1lOiFxr#i1taWE9MduKXCg+kWd6zXbyTH8azfyDY65N3f1Ik+lY=

Could you please help me?

Last edited:
Solution
Big Mistake .... never use LINUX to repair your windows in 2020.
bcus LINUX cannot read NVME and OPTANE like windows does.
LINUX only support AHCI and IDE in opposite Windows can support so many LATEST SATA/NVME MODE most of NEW NVME use RAID mode because it has the fastest IOPS

try to make Bootable Windows 10 installation USB drive and repair the Bootrecord/System files from there.

another option is try LiveCD software with WinPE which is quite RARE and very hard.
Sep 6, 2020
sound like the ssd failed. restore data from backup

I forgot this information, sorry.
- The change the Sata parameter is the cause of the problem.
Some
phishing link removed by moderator I did without finding the solution.

- There is no windows menu accessible through a shortcut at computer startup.

Last edited by a moderator:

anticeon

Honorable
May 22, 2014
LINUX only support AHCI and IDE in opposite Windows can support so many LATEST SATA/NVME MODE most of NEW NVME use RAID mode because it has the fastest IOPS

try to make Bootable Windows 10 installation USB drive and repair the Bootrecord/System files from there.

another option is try LiveCD software with WinPE which is quite RARE and very hard.

Solution
Sep 6, 2020

Thanks for the answer, I will try your first method.

Status
Not open for further replies.