Question How do i use external microphone on a Canon APSC DSLR?

haiti954

Commendable
Aug 20, 2017
Hey i just saw a video on YouTube for Canon 80D and wanted to know if that's the problem i been having with my Rode VideoMicro on the Canon 77D. I have a Canon 77D but they are similar people said, my problem is some people said i should get a better mic or stop using the onboard mic but i use Rode VideoMicro. In the video i just saw he said always put the mic level to 0 in the camera settings or you'll still be using it not the external mic. All the other videos i saw always said to keep the camera mic level to the middle to pick up less background noise which i always do, should the camera mic level set to 0 to use the Rode VideoMicro only or should it stay in the middle? The video i saw said if the camera mic level not on 0 you still using the onboard mic not the external mic. Does anybody know anything about that?

hang-the-9

Titan
So what is the problem you are having? You talked about settings, etc.. but did not say what is happening. You have the camera, you have the mic, you can just play around with the settings and see how it records.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ViperV3x Digital Cameras 0
N Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 1
D Digital Cameras 1
N Digital Cameras 2
O Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 2
P Digital Cameras 9
J Digital Cameras 4
the_xeon Digital Cameras 3
RobotLizard Digital Cameras 4