how do i wipe a toshiba satelitte mine has too much going and i ust want a clean slate

cw2013

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
my toshiba satelitte L305D-S5928 is now froze and is full of useless crap downloaded over the years and stuffed full. I need to wipeit clean and have no idea how to do so. can anyonepoint a big bright finger in the right direction.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Windows 7? Or Vista if you have an installer disk (you can download a legit installer disk for 7).

Download all the latest drivers from Toshiba even if they are quite old. Backup all of your data and insure that the backup is reliable.

Then just boot from the Windows install disk, select install, and delete all partitions then install to the single unpartitioned space. Reinstall drivers, reinstall all of your programs, and then copy all of your data back.

Danny Whittle

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
Turn the Unit off and turn the unit on whilst tapping 0 on the top number keys and this will luanch HDD Recovery. If Windows 8 Select troubleshooting and then reset your system dont use the Toshiba Maintance software in windows 8.

CompGee

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Wipe the laptop using DBAN. This wipes the hard drive beyond recovery, ensuring no data can see the light of day. I ran the 35 pass Guttman wipe and I had to re-initialize the drive on my dad's computer (his computer has 3.5in SATA HDD bays on the front (yay)).

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Try with HDShredder. Not only it wipes the data, it also refreshes the magnetic dust from the cells, which means, it repairs the bad sectors (if any). I use it a lot on damaged or slow hdds and after i get them through this process, they work just fine and quite fast.