How do you learn a programming language fast

Solution
Well www.cplusplus.com is a great resource for getting started, explains things very well, that's how i started C++ Programming. But it's not extremely fast.

If you really need to learn it that fast even though i disagree i would get one of the many programming books. I cant think of any of the top of my head but i got a great one sittin on the bookshelf here somewhere if i find it i'll let you know.

But honestly if you want to get started in programming speed shouldn't be on your mind, and although a book will help you get through all the info quicker than online lessons you wont retain the knowledge like you would actually following online lessons and actually doing the coding.

Cheers,
Joel

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Well www.cplusplus.com is a great resource for getting started, explains things very well, that's how i started C++ Programming. But it's not extremely fast.

If you really need to learn it that fast even though i disagree i would get one of the many programming books. I cant think of any of the top of my head but i got a great one sittin on the bookshelf here somewhere if i find it i'll let you know.

But honestly if you want to get started in programming speed shouldn't be on your mind, and although a book will help you get through all the info quicker than online lessons you wont retain the knowledge like you would actually following online lessons and actually doing the coding.

Cheers,
Joel

Solution

randomizer

Distinguished

And how fast is fast?

You should be aiming to learn it well, not learn it fast. Do you know any other languages? Existing programming knowledge will usually improve the speed at which you can pick up another language. Your first language is not going to be something you can pick up in a night and write good code with. You need to learn how to program first.

mkj3003

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Its very simple it belongs how u concentrate in to study for... If you prefer to study fast its up to your knowledge.......