How do you make your external sd card a default download location? On a sony xperia m4

Soul__

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
I have read all the forums on about how to make your external memory your default download location and all of them hand on thing in common. Is go to your my files icon. But apperently Sony dosen't that icon, unfortunately for me my smartphone is an xperia manufactured by Sony. And since my internal memory is running full i can't download the apps i want, even though i have an external memory. Because i have to download an app to my internal memory and then transfer it to my external memory but since my internal memory is full i can't. That's why i need help ASAP

Solution
Hello,

I got m4 too :) its great phone but ya... it has memory problems. So...
1) You can't set your SD to be default location (for apps) if your phone is not rooted. (i will not advice you to root it for that problem...)
2) You can transfer your apps and data to your phone right? ( i put some pictures of my M4 here -> http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2908201/move-apps-card-android.html )
3) Download CLEAN MASTER! This app will give you enough space to handle most of the games you want :) (use it wisely. clean your phone once per week or month).
4) Uninstall every unused apps! Some of the stock apps are locked on your phone... uninstall their updates and lock them out!

p.s. You have to manage your storage very well (also backups)...

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello,

I got m4 too :) its great phone but ya... it has memory problems. So...
1) You can't set your SD to be default location (for apps) if your phone is not rooted. (i will not advice you to root it for that problem...)
2) You can transfer your apps and data to your phone right? ( i put some pictures of my M4 here -> http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2908201/move-apps-card-android.html )
3) Download CLEAN MASTER! This app will give you enough space to handle most of the games you want :) (use it wisely. clean your phone once per week or month).
4) Uninstall every unused apps! Some of the stock apps are locked on your phone... uninstall their updates and lock them out!

p.s. You have to manage your storage very well (also backups). From time to time you will get messages like (your memory is full... your storage is at 85% full and etc..) don't panic! Run Clean master and transfer your apps to SD...
DONE! :)

Regards,
GeRgY

Solution