how does my laptop compare to a ps4?

Abdelrahman_7

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
can it play games the same quality as ps4 or higher or less? heree are my specs :
Computer Type Laptop
System Manufacturer/Model Number MSI
OS Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
Motherboard Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-1794 (U3E1)
Memory 16.0 GB
Graphics Card 3072MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (MSI)
Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard Drives 119GB TOSHIBA THNSNJ128G8NY (SSD) 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)

Solution
Yeah, on paper it's better, but in actual performance I don't know, because consoles ans PCs don't work the same.
Consoles have worse components than you, but their games are optimized for only one platform.

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah, on paper it's better, but in actual performance I don't know, because consoles ans PCs don't work the same.
Consoles have worse components than you, but their games are optimized for only one platform.

Solution

MrKrako

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Yep, as lakimens says, console's games are better optimized. The money is in there and they know it. Moreover, as they are more limited, they have to squeeze the game's configuration more to assure a good performance.

Despite of that, i would put my hand in the fire and say your laptop would perform better. Even if it's a laptop, that i7/970M combo would still beat a PS4.

zeke15

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
The PS4 specs are approximately equivalent to this:
- 8GB RAM
- Specialized AMD based Graphics (A little less than an HD 7870 in performance)
- The equilvalent of an A10, but with 8 cores at 1.6 GHz

After doing some looking, I have found that the GTX 970M is about 6-10% better than the HD 7870 in performance which translates to about 12-17% better performance than the PS4's GPU. As for Processor, you will be killing it. The i7 6700HQ may have less cores, but it makes up for that in its newer manufacturing process and high clock speed, allowing it to push way more information through. It knocks the PS4's Processor out of the park. You of course have double the RAM, so you should easily outperform a PS4 with your laptop in that area. Also, with the fact that you have an SSD of which the PS4 does not, you will get added performance in terms of load times. Even with the optimisation of games towards the console, you should be fine. In any well optimised AAA titles, your laptop will out perform the PS4 and in less optimised early access type games, you will still be on par with, if not better than a PS4.