how good is a gateway lt41p05u?

rhlymo64

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
I have just gotten a gateway lt41p05u it is a 10.1 multi touch screen and i was wondering if it will be a good computer or should I go back to android. I play games look up recipes and just chat mostly on the 7 in androd tablet i have now. This one has windows 8 on it and i am having some issues understanding it. It sure is different from the other computer I have. If anyone could give me a little insight it would be great.. thank you.

While you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 to get rid of the "Metro" interface, I'm not seeing where that laptop would have any real advantages over a dual core tablet (other than data storage) and I would expect it to be less able than some tablets with quad core processors. On the flip side, the price does seem to be good for the hardware involved so the value is there IMO but if you're less comfortable in Windows than the Android OS, I'd say stick with the tablet

Irie_bythesea

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015

Hi! I have the lt41p05u, (for over a year and a half now) and I am very happy with it. I use mine for work and home, so I needed to be portable, but I really wanted a keyboard as well as touch, so I chose this instead of a tablet. I have a smart tv that this computer works with nicely, I added 2 more G of RAM so that I could multitask better and replaced the keyboard for 20 bucks on eBay(this computer sees a LOT of use in many different environments) . I'd say it's held up extremely well, great for movies, music and games...I'd recommend it!