How Google Stopped Itself From Buying Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I really do think the profanity should have been censored on this article. I'm a bit shocked actually that it wasn't, while not offended it certainly was not expected.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I did not want Skype to go to MS, but Google would have been a worse choice in my view, agreeing with the saboteur in this case.
Facebook missed a great chance. The experience of Skype and the mixture of Facebook and Skype users would be good for the company and the competitive value of the company would increase, resulting maybe in better service for the users.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Then again nothing will beat Jane's "RIM: Jobs is Wrong; Seven Inches is Big Enough"http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Jim-Ba [...] -8386.htmlLet us never forget that article it will forever be the one that defines Jane's time here.[/citation]
Thank you for remembering it. I re-read the first page of the comments just for fun. Tom's' readers and writers have a good sense of humour. :) :)

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I really do think the profanity should have been censored on this article. I'm a bit shocked actually that it wasn't, while not offended it certainly was not expected.[/citation]

Okay knight in shining armor.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Then again nothing will beat Jane's "RIM: Jobs is Wrong; Seven Inches is Big Enough"http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Jim-Ba [...] -8386.htmlLet us never forget that article it will forever be the one that defines Jane's time here.[/citation]
Just when everyone had forgotten it, ah, memories of happier times...

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I really do think the profanity should have been censored on this article. I'm a bit shocked actually that it wasn't, while not offended it certainly was not expected.[/citation]

They are just telling it like they have received it but you would be surprised at the amount of profanity used by executives. It is hilarious, especially VP's of Sales.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008

Yes, let's hide the truth!! Let's stop broadcasting war too.

Everyone cover your eyes and ears. You might have to sense the real world!!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It's comforting to see that a company like Google needs to have employees that undermine each others ideas in order to get sh*t done. That's the business world for you!

topcms

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Seems like people are trying to make Microsoft very Uncool by putting this kind of stuff up. Google didn't just buy Skype because Microsoft did it and that is it. Don't come to me with such a story full of movie scenes. kkkkkkk That is the lamest thing i've ever heard..

thedigitaldiamond

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Sergey gets up and says, ‘This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen.’

This made my day, and that's saying a lot, considering I spent the past several hours thinking about suicide.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is this purchase data-driven?
Um, what? Was he asking if the Skype software would fit into their data-driven advertising platform, or did he really use a corporate-speak BS term to demotivate himself from the purchase?

"Is this purchase thinking outside the box? Have we brainstormed this? Are we looking past the horizon with this purchase?"

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]johnners2981[/nom]@nuclear shadow are you 6 or whats wrong with you[/citation]
Well at least we know you're a big man who can 'handle' profanity...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Well at least we know you're a big man who can 'handle' profanity...[/citation]

i can handle the real world where people say those bad words, in hurtful ways, toward other people.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i can handle the real world where people say those bad words, in hurtful ways, toward other people.[/citation]
Good for you. You're just intolerant and insulting to people who would prefer profanity be kept out of polite commentary. Work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.