How high can Bose cubes go

Tydeocean

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
I recently bought a Bose acoustimass 6 series 3 and Yamaha rx-v381 for a room where a lot of parties will take place. this has made me want to set the dB to which the receiver will go to a healthy level where it wont blow anything. what level would you guys suggest.
I'm not sure if this matters but the subwooffer has the bass and LFE turned up all the way

Solution
If you are looking for club volumes you can't get that from the Bose. When you turn up the bass you will not get a louder maximum volume since the sub is self powered that is self limiting. Since it's a small bandpass loaded woofer it will only play one frequency of bass as loud as it can. All the rest will be lower. Kind of one note sound with some boom. Not the impact you might want for a party.
Your receiver will probably play the cubes as loud as they can go. That may not be the party volume that you want. If you got the Bose for party use only I think you would have done better with some DJ speakers. For mixed use you would have done better with something like a Polk or Klipsch package with tower speakers for fronts. Have seen some...
If you are looking for club volumes you can't get that from the Bose. When you turn up the bass you will not get a louder maximum volume since the sub is self powered that is self limiting. Since it's a small bandpass loaded woofer it will only play one frequency of bass as loud as it can. All the rest will be lower. Kind of one note sound with some boom. Not the impact you might want for a party.
Your receiver will probably play the cubes as loud as they can go. That may not be the party volume that you want. If you got the Bose for party use only I think you would have done better with some DJ speakers. For mixed use you would have done better with something like a Polk or Klipsch package with tower speakers for fronts. Have seen some deals on these under $500 without subwoofer.

Solution
i think this is your manual https://www.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/am6_series3/pdf/owg_en_am6_series3_am10_series3.pdf

if this is your model, it is powered by an amplifier inside the subwoofer box so is self-handling and self-limiting to only go so high on volume.

if you have the speakers directly hooked up to a receiver instead (unlike how they state to hook things up) then i would say you really only want to run 10-80w of output through them as the specs (which list 10-150w at 8-4ohm are not very clear cut and informative)

regardless, small speakers of that nature are fine for small rooms but seriously lack the output needed for big rooms or multi-room environments if you expect loud volume levels. bookshelf speakers, floor standing speakers or larger powered pa speakers would do this much better.