How hot do MSI gaming laptopts get ( On the outside )?

Ramon284

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
Hi, I'm asking this because I've got a Medion gaming laptop ( erazer x6825 ) the other day, but after playing a game like bioshock on ultra for 4-5 minutes I would have to close the game, because the bottom of my laptop would get so hot that it felt like my leg was slowly starting to burn...

I understand that Medion is a pretty cheap and lame brand ( nothing was blocking the fan btw ), so I'm wondering how other laptops feel? I think it's kind of stupid to purchase a gaming laptop and then put it on a table / desk, since the screen is pretty small already and it's called a LAPtop for a reason.

Does anyone here have an MSI or maybe another brand of laptop with a GT 680M or something similar in it? How does that work for you?

G

My Toshiba laptop burns my laps when I game on it.

Why don't you get that base which is attached underneath the laptop and it has many fans in it?

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Yes, most laptops get pretty hot while gaming.
Only the ones with superb ventilations get just "hot"

I would suggest you to get a decent to good Cooling pad..
Once with the cooling pad, you won't face any of those 2 problems (though it will still get hot)

Ramon284

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

Well the laptop had some other issues aswell ( a little part of it was broken off when i unboxed it and some of the led-lights didn't work and kept flashing ), so I've already started the proces of returning it.

Anyways, could you link me to one of those bases maybe? I've decided to just get an MSI now, and I'll probably go for a 17.3 inch model instead of a 15.6, but my biggest concern is that it will still get too hot to put on my legs.

The one that got too hot was a Medion with a gt 680M, my new one will be an MSI with a 780M. ( Also switching from i7-3630qm to i7-4700qm, if any of these things would help )

G

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooling-Cooler-Stand-Pad-with-5-Fan-Blue-LED-for-10-17-Laptop-PC-Extra-USB-Port-/310951588521

They are called "Laptop Cooler Stand Pad"s. The one I linked is for 10 to 17 Inch laptops.

Ramon284

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

Alright thanks, appreciate it.