How Is This Laptop?

Invisipixel

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
http://
I need to get a good gaming laptop for recording and video editing. The games I am hoping to play while recording are...
Minecraft
Gmod
ARMA 3
Modded Skyrim(no ENBs or texture mods)
Battlefield Hardline
And lots of other miscellaneous steam games
I don't need to run them on ultra but I would like to get at least 30 FPS while using OBS to record. Thanks!

Solution
IGP with shared memory, no optical drive. It will play on medium settings, maybe high on some games.
CPU score on Passmark is 3105...not bad but not great either. 35 watts so it won't have great battery life
like newer Intel laptops. This looks familiar....

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Fairly low end to be honest, APUs are a nice compromise on a budget, but not to be mistaken for gaming level performance. Not going to get much in the way of performance out of games like battlefield.

ARMA 3 is hugely CPU dependent, and this has a relatively slow quad core.

Minecraft is a bit memory dependent, and fairly light on CPU and GPU, but it really depends on what you are doing, and what mods you have.

Gary's mod might run okay, but again, depends on what you are doing.

Skyrim is also fairly CPU dependent.

Only good thing, which it really isn't, is that this laptop has a low-end 1366x768 screen resolution. So GPU intense games like Battlefield will have a better chance of playing well on the APU.

Archaic59

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
IGP with shared memory, no optical drive. It will play on medium settings, maybe high on some games.
CPU score on Passmark is 3105...not bad but not great either. 35 watts so it won't have great battery life
like newer Intel laptops. This looks familiar....

Solution