How long I should stick with my laptop

G

Hi all,

I know very little about laptops etc, and was wondering if you could help me out.

I've had this Aspire 8930G for about 2-3 years now (bought it refurbished so it was about £650) and am thinking about looking for a new laptop.

Is this a decent laptop (primarily used for gaming) and is it still good compared to laptops out there now?

------
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
4GB RAM
32-bit
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS (Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB, Shared system memory 1278 MB)
320GB HDD
------

Not too sure what else should be said.

So basically wondering how good this is compared to laptops available now, at this price range.

Thanks in advance

James

Well, it depends on the kind of gaming you do. If you play high FPS games and would like a bit more performance graphics wise, you could easily step up to a new laptop. Perhaps something like a core i5 and a decent dedicated GPU from either NVIDA or AMD. Have a look at the links in my sig to get an idea of what is out there hardware wise. If you do want to go with a new laptop, fill out the FAQ thread at the top of the forum here and we can find you something that will suit your needs.

G

Hi buwish thanks a lot for the reply, sorry I've taken so long to respond.

I'm taking a look at your sig links as I write this and will fill out the FAQ for some solid advice.