How make a clickable link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglijimus

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Hello, I wanted to put a clickable link in my signature, on this forum, but didn't know how to do it. I would like the text and the URL it points to be different. I hope this is the right section to put this in...

I tried the <a href="link">text</a> but it showed up just as you see it here.

thanks

Solution
Hello Uglijimus,

It may have been better to put this in the Forum Feedback, But I guess nothing really fits the bill perfectly.

To make a Hidden Link or URL Behind Text (I dont know the correct term) try using the insert URL on Tom's Forums and then paste it into you Sig.

EDIT - I have tested this method and it works 100% perfectly!

Just as an example I'll use Tom's Home Page:

Which should look like this: http://www.tomshardware.com/us/

Now look at the end of the URL where there is: ][/url]

In between the ][ , ]Type the text you want here[ , ]Toms Hardware[

So it will look like this Toms Hardware

Side Note - You can use the Test Posts section in the Forum Feedback @...

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hello Uglijimus,

It may have been better to put this in the Forum Feedback, But I guess nothing really fits the bill perfectly.

To make a Hidden Link or URL Behind Text (I dont know the correct term) try using the insert URL on Tom's Forums and then paste it into you Sig.

EDIT - I have tested this method and it works 100% perfectly!

Just as an example I'll use Tom's Home Page:

Which should look like this: http://www.tomshardware.com/us/

Now look at the end of the URL where there is: ][/url]

In between the ][ , ]Type the text you want here[ , ]Toms Hardware[

So it will look like this Toms Hardware

Side Note - You can use the Test Posts section in the Forum Feedback @ the very bottom of Toms Forum Page.

**I am truly Sorry if this does not work as I am trying to test it now but my Sig is not showing up, I will update when I get it sorted out.**

Solution

uglijimus

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I wish I had tried to post beforehand instead of going right to my signature. Hopefully someone else who has the same problem will find this thread. thanks again!

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hello Uglijimus,

Glad to see you got it working.

Its no problem, I didnt know how to do this a month ago and I had to do some searching the web to figure it out, so when I saw your question I was glad to be able to share my new found knowledge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.