How much is this laptop worth? (GW M680XL)

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
Hi, I received this in January (2006). I was wondering what I could honestly get for this notebook if I put it on eBay or some other venue.

Condition = Good/Excellent (has a few scuffs/scratches and some light "hand spots")

Manufacturer: Gateway
CPU: Intel Pentium-M "Centrino" 2.13GHz
RAM: 1024MB (2 x 512MB) DDR2-533
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 256MB
HDD: 60GB 7200rpm Serial ATA
Display: 17" Ultrabright WSXGA+ TFT Active Matrix (1680 x 1050 max. resolution)
Optical Drive: Integrated 8x Multi-Format Double Layer DVD Writer (DVD±R/±RW/CD-RW) w/ LightScribe
External Ports: (4) USB 2.0, VGA, TV Out, S-Video, IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
Expansion Slots: One PCMCIA slot
Keyboard and Mouse: Full-sized keyboard w/ integrated 10-key pad and EZ Pad® Pointing Device
Modem: Integrated V.90 56K Modem
Network Adapter: Integrated Broadcom® 10/100/1000 Ethernet Adapter
Integrated Wireless Networking Adapter: Integrated 802.11b/g wireless networking card
Multimedia Package: Integrated sound and stereo speakers, headphone/speaker jack, and mic jacks
Battery: (1) 12-Cell Lithium-Ion Extended & AC Power Adapter (3yr warranty on battery)
Warranty: 2yr Factory Labor / 2yr Parts Exch/Replace / 2yr Technical Support / 2yr Mail In Service

Other notes: Keyboard basically brand new. Was replaced due to a malfunction several weeks ago. Haven't really used it since I upgraded to the desktop in my sig.

Thanks.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I think what you're asking is reasonable. Yea, it has a single core, but it is a fast one, and it does have a 6800 GPU and 7,200 RPM hard drive as well as a nice screen on it.

I think if I was one of these guys looking at lower end DELL's, I would look at this for a grand and give it some thought.

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
I think the warranty itself should be a great selling point. My first GW laptop died on me and because the warranty was still active, they sent me an entirely new notebook free of charge (which included another Battery, AC Adapter, Windows XP CD, etc.). The notebook I'm trying to sell is the replacement they ended up sending me. I just extended the warranty by 2 years today actually, so it should expire Dec. 1, 2008.

Also, because of the warranty, they agreed to send me a new internal wireless card and keyboard ... no charge, and basically no questions asked.

I've had a great experience with Gateway's customer service.