Solved! how much should i sell an alienware m15x without a psu

Jun 7, 2018
hi i just found a m15x in the trash and i confirmed it works perfectly though i dont have the psu.
i wanna sell it to the pawn shop and preferably get something like 600
it has LEDs and 1080p screen so i think i can squeeze it to 600

Solution
D
This?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PY7P0C

$25 if you're lucky. 10 years old and beyond obsolete. For $300 you can get a new laptop that's twice as powerful or more. If the pawn shop even wants to buy something that old and it works ( meaning you buy it a power supply ) and it isn't password protected they'll sell it for ~$50-$75 tops. Meaning you aren't getting more than half that.

Wouldn't surprise me if they passed on buying it.

USAFRet

Illustrious

$25 USD.

Jun 7, 2018

yeah but i am selling it to a pawnshop and they will buy it for anything really especially where i live

USAFRet

Illustrious

A 10 year old laptop, that you found in the trash, that does not work because you have no power supply for it.
Pawn shop people are not dumb. If he gives you $600 for it, that means he has a reasonable expectation he can sell it for $700-$800.

That thing wouldn't sell for $600 if it were unused, brand new, still in the box.

But...take it there. Whatever they offer you, take it. Free money.

Jun 7, 2018

it does work. i have used a 90w psu to turn it on.
but i dont have the 150w one

D

Deleted member 217926

This?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PY7P0C

$25 if you're lucky. 10 years old and beyond obsolete. For $300 you can get a new laptop that's twice as powerful or more. If the pawn shop even wants to buy something that old and it works ( meaning you buy it a power supply ) and it isn't password protected they'll sell it for ~$50-$75 tops. Meaning you aren't getting more than half that.

Wouldn't surprise me if they passed on buying it.

Solution

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Pawnshops like going out of business the week they open where you live? They don't make money buying laptops for $600 and then selling them for $60.

You might not even get a $25 offer. Pawnshops aren't computer shops and they want merchandise that they can turn around quickly. A decade-old laptop might be able to move, but a decade-old laptop that doesn't even have the required parts to run included already? If I offered you anything at all, it would be like a dollar for the trouble I'd have to go to in order to make it even worth the shelf space it would take up.