How mutch can i overclock my nvidia geforce 920m?

michiel poelstra

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I want more fps in games so I want to overclock my NVidia GeForce 920m... intel core i5-5200U up to 2.7 GHz ..but I don't want to wreck my computer so I want to know how mutch I can overclock this laptop.. (windows 10)

Solution
I cannot say you should. overclocking laptops is just not a wise move. they are very delicate systems, they can dissipate a set amount of heat and supply a set amount of power. Overclocking is just going to cause issues. If you were to OC, you could use MSI afterburner, but I cannot be held responsible for any issues. you might get +50 MHz, the gains will probably not be much, I would just pass.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
I cannot say you should. overclocking laptops is just not a wise move. they are very delicate systems, they can dissipate a set amount of heat and supply a set amount of power. Overclocking is just going to cause issues. If you were to OC, you could use MSI afterburner, but I cannot be held responsible for any issues. you might get +50 MHz, the gains will probably not be much, I would just pass.

Solution

Not enough to make any difference in game speeds even if the system lets you, best thing you can do is sell the laptop and get a faster one for games. A 920m is not meant for gaming on, lowest I would get for any sort of gaming purpose would be a laptop with a 960m. 940 or 950m would run games also but with many compromises about how well and at what quality.

TRENDING THREADS