how often do you change your headset(or headphones)?

HiDood

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
just asking
pls choose from these options
a. when it breaks
b. a few months
c. a year (or more)
d. whenever there are new ones out

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Thats the question here.
Some break within a few weeks (Friends Hyper-X cloud 2s began to pop horribly on skype after 3 weeks)
My g35s lasted 3 years.

Nobody can tell you exactly how long anything will last.

i generally change equipment when it breaks, or if i've had it for a long time and want an upgrade.

while i primarily use speakers for gaming, i've had my headphones which do get used for gaming sometimes for about 5 years and they still work great. i own a pair of ath-m50's and they are built like tanks. hifi headphones are the way to go over headsets any day of the week.

this thread seems to have the feel of a homework question....

HiDood

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
lol, just asking...
any recommendations? because ath m50s are so expensive
i had my steelseries siberia v2 for like a few months, but its squeaking constantly and for music listening? its horrible.
im looking for 50$ headphones. i have a mic built in to my webcam.
but if you think headsets are great then ok?

$50 is a pretty hard budget, sorry i cant give too many options at that price. the creative aurvana live! headphones have pretty good sound for around $60 but arent capable of high volume levels. if you could spare a bit more the hd518 (neutral sound) or the ad500x (big soundstage but very little bass output) are both great for around $70-80.

Noah Siano

Estimable
May 13, 2015
I use white Razer Kraken Pros, they look pretty good, deliver great audio for gaming, has a pretty good mic that can retract if you aren't using it, are super comfy for those long gaming sessions, and can be had at Best Buy for I think $70. There are other colors that you can get elsewhere for $60-80 depending on the color/type, but the white ones are Best Buy exclusives(and look the best imo).

Logitech G series are good too. But pretty much any headphones below $50-60 are gonna be questionable quality. Having a built in mic is really nice because the webcam mics pick up too much of your room noises and often aren't as good quality.

HiDood

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
what's the best under 50 dollars?
mic doesn't matter because i already have one. anything which is better than my steelseries is good.
i want big soundstage for gaming and good bass for music listening. my steelseries have some seriously bad bass.
gaming headsets are really good for gaming and i literally can't stand gaming with a music headphones. but when listening to music? the music is:not clear and the bass is REALLY MUDDY.
any headphones are good and cheap?
oh yeah. i need it to be OVER EAR and have some degree of noise isolation because i have misophonia.