how to block a file in windows10 pro

robertdonithan

Estimable
Dec 30, 2017
I have a program called cubasele8 and there is a file that is preventing it from loading up...I tried deleting it and blocking it in regedit but no luck...I thought if I somehow nicked it from loading somehow that my program would load...the file belongs to the program but I cannot do anything with it from inside the program because it won't let the program open..it says to retry or cancel, so I retry,nothing happens, I click cancel and the whole program shuts down...any suggestions?

robertdonithan

Estimable
Dec 30, 2017
what file? why can't you delete it?
It's called a sampler track file in the Steinberg folder associated with my virtual studio technology app...The reason why I cannot delete it is because it keeps reloading back with the program when I try to load the program(vst)..

robertdonithan

Estimable
Dec 30, 2017
It's called a sampler track file in the Steinberg folder associated with my virtual studio technology app...The reason why I cannot delete it is because it keeps reloading back with the program when I try to load the program(vst)..
I went to Steinberg forums , that's who handles questions and I didn't get an answer so I thought maybe I could solve it through computer experts..

robertdonithan

Estimable
Dec 30, 2017
then wait for the developer, did anyone else on their Steinberg forum have the same issue? try a different download?
I'm in contact with them now but it seems a bit confusing because I have several versions of the program
I have reinstalled it several times but no change..

robertdonithan

Estimable
Dec 30, 2017
then wait for the developer, did anyone else on their Steinberg forum have the same issue? try a different download?
Update
I contacted Steinberg(ticket email) and they said put an x before the folder name of any version of the cubase daw that I have. It somehow starts new preferences and that fixed everything...thanks