sppextcomobjhook.dll trying to create file to keep it from loading but dont have permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRE IzDOPE

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
so, i use bitdefender and for ever now its been saying that sppextcomobjhook.dll is blocked on startup.. and I hit the option to DELETE.. i have read in multiple forums that a way to perma block this is by creating a text file in the c:/windows/temp folder (thats where its at each time i startup) and then rename that to sppextcomobjhook.dll , that way when you restart the REAL version wont load or try to load because there is a fake version of the file in its place

problem is, I am the admin and when i try to change the name of a text file, picture file.. any kind of file to sppextcomobjhook.dll it says I need admin permission, click okay to continue, i do.. then i hit YES to give permission.. then it comes up and says
FILE ACCESS DENIED
You need permission to perform this action
you require permission from (MY LOGIN) Desktop-XXXXX\chris
try again or cancel and I have to cancel

i want to mention that I am making sure in bitdefender im not just blocking the file, im choosing to delete the file

Potentially malicious application detected
12 minutes ago

Feature:Antivirus

The item c:\windows\temp\sppextcomobjhook.dll was deleted at user request

can i not fix this? I have read this is actually FROM MICROSOFT, that it was added by one of the updates.. im not sure.. but i would like to get rid of it for good

Status
Not open for further replies.