How to clean out fan of Toshiba Qosmio x75 specifically?

Noodles_fluffy

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Title says it all. I have looked at the manual but i can't really identify some of the things its saying. A video would be nice.

I have noticed a lot of dust near the fan and I think its causing the temp to raise, lowering performance.

Edit: I did it successfully. Thanks for the help everyone.

Solution
OK - it has to be the hard way then. Search for thst model's service manual, most are available. Toshiba is making them hard to crack open even after you've removed all the screws.

Once you've taken out the screw which is a few inches in from the side where the optical drive is, slip the drive out and use the gap to ease your finger in and gently prise the case apart. A credit card helps you release each tang as you work your way around.
Before trying to dismantle the laptop to get near the fan, buy a can of compressed air from your local PC shop and squirt some of that into the vent.

It loosens up any clumps of dust inside allowing the fan to push it out of the vent so switch the machine on as soon as you've sprayed the air into it..

Noodles_fluffy

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

I have already tried that and it didn't work very well. There's one large clump in there that i don't think can fit through any of the vents.

OK - it has to be the hard way then. Search for thst model's service manual, most are available. Toshiba is making them hard to crack open even after you've removed all the screws.

Once you've taken out the screw which is a few inches in from the side where the optical drive is, slip the drive out and use the gap to ease your finger in and gently prise the case apart. A credit card helps you release each tang as you work your way around.

Solution

Noodles_fluffy

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

Thank you, I will try this and let you know how it turns out.