how to connect a Sony cassette player to a Samsung 4K HD smart TV? I already talked to Samsung they said I can't

2009nvy

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Trying to connect a Sony cassette player to a Samsung $K HD Smart tv, Samsung says I can't do that/

Solution
Most TVs won't let you access an input when there is no video present.
If your TV has an AV input you can connect the cassette deck to the audio inputs associated with it and try it to see if your TV will allow you to select that input. If not then you will need to also connect video from another source to get the TV to allow you to use the input.
In most cases it isn't worth the trouble since internal TV speakers are pretty bad.
If you have a soundbar with an analog input then you can connect the cassette deck directly. If you use that input for the TV you can get an input selector so you can leave the cables connected.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Why? what a mix of technology lol.

What Sony cassette player? Need the model number to see what could possibly be used to connect it. RCA would be your best chance if it has it, look for red and black ports on the back of the cassette player and red and black ports alone on the back of the TV.

Most TVs won't let you access an input when there is no video present.
If your TV has an AV input you can connect the cassette deck to the audio inputs associated with it and try it to see if your TV will allow you to select that input. If not then you will need to also connect video from another source to get the TV to allow you to use the input.
In most cases it isn't worth the trouble since internal TV speakers are pretty bad.
If you have a soundbar with an analog input then you can connect the cassette deck directly. If you use that input for the TV you can get an input selector so you can leave the cables connected.

Solution

Duncan113

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Press the index finger of your left hand against the headphone jack of the Sony, and the index and middle finger of your right hand against the RCA jacks of the Samsung. Or so it is written in the Red Book of Westmarch. :pt1cable:

Seriously(ish), though, I love the riotous juxtaposition of technologies and eras here. Very cool. Let us know how it goes.