How to connect a VHS player to vizio smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

That's going to be done by you changing the input on the TV with your remote. So, if your VCR is hooked up...

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
What connections do you have on the back of the VHS machine? What about the back of your Vizio TV? Your VHS will likely have RCA based analog video/audio (yellow for vid, red/white for audio) or potentially S-Video for video alone and you'd still need an RCA red/white to carry audio. It's more dependent on what your TV has for inputs. What model of set do you have?

Jul 12, 2018

I do have the red yellow and white input on the SAMSUNG Smart TV. I know I can plug The leads of the same color from the VHS into there, but how do I get the SAMSUNG tv to register my Sony VHS and get the TV to switch from channels to video view? THANKS

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

That's going to be done by you changing the input on the TV with your remote. So, if your VCR is hooked up to "Video 2" on the TV, you'll need to hit your input button on the remote and then navigate to and select it. That should bring it up for you. It's no different than if you wanted to watch a Blu-Ray player hooked up to your set.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.