Solved! How to connect a VHS to Smart tv

Jan 25, 2019
I have a very old VHS, and I wonder if it's possible to connect to a smart tv.

Video

Smart tv

Cable that comes with smart TV

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Bruno

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
okay so Goldstar GSE-G20P 1994 VHS player or Vivance GV 3100 are pretty old devices
but I manage to find a servic3e manual for the Vivance GV 3100 : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/905441/Grundig-Vivance-Gv-3100-Vps-1.html#manual

which indicates It does have RCA signal outputs and from your images earlier seemingly you could try to connect those connection to the wire your using. to be honest I am doubtful it will work but work a shot and costs nothing to try nor will it break anything.

but as Sizzling has beat me to it that adaptor could be easily use yes.

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
okay so Goldstar GSE-G20P 1994 VHS player or Vivance GV 3100 are pretty old devices
but I manage to find a servic3e manual for the Vivance GV 3100 : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/905441/Grundig-Vivance-Gv-3100-Vps-1.html#manual

which indicates It does have RCA signal outputs and from your images earlier seemingly you could try to connect those connection to the wire your using. to be honest I am doubtful it will work but work a shot and costs nothing to try nor will it break anything.

but as Sizzling has beat me to it that adaptor could be easily use yes.

Uh, I would had thought TV jack (composite out?) to yellow cable would work (where is the audio out on TV?)

Before u put the effort in this, are u sure that VHS thing still work? The belts have probably dried out if not disintegrated, the rubbers guides same, the drum is probably out of alignment and the whole thing may need a full disassembly refurbishing$$.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1